I just wanted to post this, because it's so funny. Our fabulous Magic Tree Holiday Recommendations are on the way as well!
Saturday on Twitter, Katherine Fergason (@KatherineBoG), manager and
children's buyer at Bunch of Grapes Bookstore, Vineyard Haven, Mass.,
offered hourly reasons "why you might want to consider doing your holiday
shopping now instead of waiting until after Thanksgiving."
1. We have not yet started playing Christmas music.
2. That feeling of self-righteousness over starting so early translates
into treating yourself to something as well.
3. You can make a list of all the things you want, so that you can hint
liberally at Thanksgiving.
4. If there's a hardcover you've been eyeing, you have time to read the
whole thing before giving it away.
5. We have free gift wrapping. By Christmas, you’ll forget what it was
you bought. Aren't surprises great?
6. It’s much easier to stick to your budget when we aren't serving you
eggnog like we do the week before Christmas.
7. All versions of The Night Before Christmas are still in stock. You
won't have to settle for that one weird one left over on Christmas Eve.
8. You'll bring smiles and joy and a twinkle to the eye of your
favorite local, indie bookseller.
Bring some joy and shop early and often at your local independent bookstore!